Monday, June 13, 2011

Colic.

Having a child with colic BLOWS. When she first started this we were still in Alabama and with my Grandparents at their house. She cried all night and my poor grandparents were pacing around Jordan and I and they even tried soothing her it just didn't work...when she cried she scrunches her legs in and waves her arms around lol its kinda cute.

Then it was like clockwork between 8:45 and 9PM Audrey started to freak out and I was freaking out cause I didn't know what was wrong with my baby. I tried EVERYTHING. Changing her diaper, changing her clothes, Gas drops, Motrin, Tylonol, Checking her temperature, holding her, singing, feeding her, bathing her, you name it I did it. And finally I gave up. My mom was telling me it may be acid reflux or colic. And I was thinking my poor baby has an upset tummy and my breastmilk's making it worse. So I took her to the doctor about 3 days later and told them symptoms, the pediatrician says she's colicky, the skirts I put on her hurt her tummy a little, and has a little bit of gas. So they tell me to burp her in between feedings to get help her tummy. As for the colic I have to wait it out....it's been over a week her gas is better....her colic is still kinda eh...she still cries but Jordan and I  found a method of calming her down. We lay her on her back and rub her tummy for 20 minutes or put her in the swing and put vibrate on and play "Remember When" By: Alan Jackson. If we do that...she's almost fine. After the song's over she its WAY easier to put her to sleep.

Bottom line. I hate Colic. It can go to hell. It made a walking nightmare and a wreck. I hope my next child isn't colicky. *Knock On Wood*

No comments:

Post a Comment